Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hi Cody, it's one year on now and when your Mum died and your Dad set up this fab site for you I decided I'd make note of my memories as they came up time and again over the year and write them for you now.

The first time I met her was as a teenager of about 16 coming out in the boat at Petone beach while Karen and I waterskied. She had young Brett with her and was very protective of him near the water.

I also remember her coming along to Freyberg beach to watch a swimming competition. She had a new wee boxer pup and her smile said it all!

I once met her running up Old Porirua Road - she was steaming up while I was struggling to turn the pedals over on my bike. She was never in too much of a hurry to stop and talk though!

I think of her often and it's always the same memories which stand out. I remember her stunning, stunning smile and her perfect teeth. Her sparkling eyes and her brimming enthusiasm.

I also remember following along behind her down the side of Freyberg pool and being blown away by her muscley back! We swam in a squad together for a while and she was an excellent swimmer!

I also remember her gasp of horror as your Dad backed over my backpack in the Freyberg carpark. I'm still using that backpack nearly every day and I smile when I see that tyremark!

Hope you enjoy reading these memories Cody. I enjoy remembering them!

Love Gill Gray